November is the month for...

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

My cousin sent me an e-mail today, celebrating Girlfriends and Sisters Day, and this accompanying picture just made me laugh.

So I had a quick Google of other interesting calendar days and here are some for November which I thought were particularly inventive (not to mention food blog-relevant):

  • Nov 1 - National Men Make Dinner Day
  • Nov 7 - National Bittersweet Chocolate with Almonds Day
  • Nov 8 - Cook Something Bold and Pungent Day
  • Nov 17 - Homemade Bread Day
  • Nov 21 - Pumpkin Pie Day
  • Nov 22 - Thanksgiving Day
  • Nov 23 - Turkey-Free Thanksgiving Day
  • Nov 23 - Flossing Day
  • Nov 24 - Sinkie Day (on which you eat Thanksgiving leftovers)
I also found a site called Candy USA!, which has a list of all US Candy Calendar Days. I love that it has a distinct chocolate bias. Yum!

If you could allocate your own food-themed calendar day, when and what would it be?

0 sips: