Easter egg hijinks

Thursday, April 05, 2007

The Jellybean was supposed to bring a hard-boiled egg to daycare so they can decorate Easter eggs. On Last night, I had eggs boiling in water...AND FORGOT ALL ABOUT THEM. When Rob got up this morning, he walked out to the living area and was confronted by the lovely smell of eggs and melted Teflon.

Panic, panic, I could have burnt the house down! Oh, my gosh, never do that again!!!!! Set the timer next time!!!! Blah, blah, blah. And meanwhile, he didn't even turn the stove off!

It really wasn't *that* bad--the smoke alarm didn't even go off!--but the smell is gross. Luckily, we keep our bedroom doors closed so our rooms don't stink. Or course, Rob had the bright idea of opening the bedroom door and balcony door to "circulate the air". Gah!!!

I'm also down one more saucepan. Though now that I think about it, it's a great excuse to go and buy a really, really good one. :-)

Luckily, I had a spare hard-boiled egg in the fridge so Jellybean still had something to bring to daycare.

Happy Easter everyone!

0 sips: