Chocolateria San Churro opening in Glebe

Friday, August 03, 2007

Walking along Glebe Point Road near the corner where you turn to go to Broadway, I spotted a sign saying the Chocolateria San Churro is opening soon. (I would have taken a picture, but I was walking with someone from my mother's group, and I didn't want her to think I'm weird.) I've tasted their wares in Melbourne, and even though I wasn't particularly impressed with their overfried churros, the hot chocolate was to die for. (I'm easy that way.) So bring it on. I just hope they hire people who actually know something about chocolate, because the folks in Melbourne just gave me a blank look when I asked them if they sold chocolate pots.

4 sips:

Jen said...

I've also tried the San churros at Melbourne and although I wasn't overly impressed, I am excited that we are getting our very own in Sydney.

Kat said...

I find their concept a bit puzzling. The dipping chocolate for the churros isn't very Spanish authentic. So maybe the name is just a gimmick. I still haven't worked it out. Obviously, I have to come back for more, ahem, research.

Anonymous said...

Every time I've had their churros they were fantastic - even my mother loved them and she should know - she was born in Spain! Mind you the churros you have in the picture does look a bit overfried though. And yes the dipping chocolate is pure melted spanish chocolate - which imo - is better than the traditional gelatinous drink!

Kat said...

elena - I've only been the one time, so maybe I was just unlucky with the churros. And while I love melted chocolate, I find it too overwhelming with churros, and I prefer the traditional combination. I hope the churros in Glebe will be fantastic because I LOVE churros! :-)