High Tea @ Swissôtel

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

I had my not-a-baby-shower shower at the Swissotel's Crossroads Bar. The high tea buffet had been taunting my brain for a few months--cravings, anyone?--and it was the perfect opportunity to sample what I'd heretofore only read about and salivated on Grab Your Fork.

I wasn't disappointed, although I had baby brain at the time (at 36-and-a-half weeks) and didn't even think to take down notes on what I had. So I think I'll leave this as a kind of photoessay instead.

Caramel slices topped with pecans

Maccaroons

Fresh fruit for the chocolate fountain

Creme brulee and chocolate mousse

Lemon meringue tarts

Pistacchio, pecan and caramel tarts

Chocolate eclairs, strawberry shots, and a chocolate tart

I should mention that service was great at the start and miserable at the end. Considering we booked a table for 20 people, we expected some extra special lovin'. We settled for the chocolate fountain instead.

Chocolate fountain

Swissôtel High Tea at Crossroads Bar
68 Market Street (cnr George St), Sydney
02 9238 8888
$29 per head, 2pm-4pm

0 sips: